Landfill Quarry Leading Hands – Melbourne, VIC
Hi-Quality Group is a highly reputable, privately owned, Australian family company. We specialise in quarry operations, resource recycling, landfills and transport and logistics with operations across New South Wales, Victoria, ACT and Queensland. We have been established for over 50 years and are currently going through a phase of expansion.
We currently have excellent opportunities for both a Quarry Leading Hand and Landfill Leading Hand to join our team at the Bulla, Victoria site.
Our Bulla site consists of a Landfill, Cleanfill and Quarry area. It is in operation from 6am Monday through to 4pm Saturday.
These critical roles are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our quarry and landfill facilities, ensuring our employees are supported and production targets are achieved. They are both full time positions working the day shift from 6am – 2:30pm with regular overtime. There may also be overtime on weekends.
These positions will report to the Assistant Quarry Manager and Landfill Foreman, respectively.
Required Skills and Experience
To be successful for these roles, the candidates will:
- Have prior experience as a Leading Hand and Multi Skilled Operator.
- Have strong quarry/landfill operations experience.
- Be confident in leading and directing a team of employees.
- Have prior experience operating an excavator, front end loader, dump truck, fixed and mobile plant (crushers, screens, wash plant).
- Be able to perform and assist with minor maintenance when required.
- Complete basic administration.
- Have a heavy focus on safety, adhering to all WHS legislation and practices.
- Have strong coordination skills.
- Have good customer and employee relations skills.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
How to Apply
If you feel your skills and experience are suitable for this position, then please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. We will be shortlisting for these positions as applications are received. Please ensure you submit your current resume and cover letter including at least two referee contacts.
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position. You will be required to meet the company’s employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a full medical with a drug and alcohol screen.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.
Call us for a free quote:
02 9826 1666
@ HI-QUALITY GROUP 2019